The Gather Difference
Fighting hunger in the Greater Seacoast demands a model of service that respects the dignity of all our community members and includes the wisdom and work of other nonprofits seeking to ensure the health and wellbeing of all those who live in the Greater Seacoast.
Our model of offering food to people is designed to support each individual’s needs with dignity and respect.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff and volunteers are always available to assist you with your shopping, discuss menu plans for the week, suggest healthy choices, and provide referrals for other and provide referrals for other services if needed.
Our pantry always provides fresh foods including: milk, whole grain bread, eggs, cheddar cheese, fresh fruits and vegetables.
We ensure that each month visitors have access to personal care items including laundry detergent, dish soap, shampoo and paper products. These are often expensive for people on fixed incomes.
We focus on two of our most vulnerable populations: children and seniors.
We continually seek to interact with our community in a way that builds bridges out of poverty, supports equality and builds community.
Programs and Services
+Meals 4 Kids
+Meals 4 Seniors
+Farm Shares 4 Families
+Emergency Food Aid
+Holiday Food Distribution
+Education and Outreach Programs
How to Apply
Please download and complete the intake forms below. If you do not have access to a printer or require assistance completing the forms, please stop by Gather and we will be happy to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How often may I visit the Pantry Market?
- At Gather we do a once a month visit, and you may join us during any of our open hours. The food you receive is a supplement and should provide you with 7-10 days worth of food. However you will also receive personal care items and cooking ingredients that may last for the month.
2. What are the income guidelines?
- We follow USDA guidelines. We are very flexible and if you need food in your home you should apply. We are always open to working with people for the long term or during a short term need. Some clients only need help during the winter months when heat is costly. Some are seasonal workers who have needs on the off season. Please come in and talk to us if you need food.
3. What documentation do I need?
- Please bring a picture ID and proof of residency. However, if this is not available to you please call and speak with our staff. We never want anything to hinder your ability to receive food.
4. What about Emergency Food?
- Everyone is eligible for one time emergency food from Gather. No questions asked. If you need emergency food then you are welcome to come here.
5. May you participate in multiple Gather programs?
- Absolutely. Families using the Pantry Market are also encouraged to participate in other Gather programs they are eligible for (e.g., Meals 4 Kids). Please ask any staff member for information about upcoming programs and events.